Forums

Forum Navigation
You need to register and login to create and read (some) posts

Alegory of the Hot Bath

Thank you for your kind praises Ben.

I don't do mantras or anything alike. But I do use a technique taught by the LP. I tell myself that there is NOTHING that is inteligible, which I cannot understand. I convince(d) myself that I am capable of understanding anything, if I put my mind to it.
In truth, nothing in this world is complicated or "hard" to understand. Not even rocketscience. If someone doesn't understand something, then it is always the case that some symbol, some meaning, some relation does not click. Patiently going through every symbol, every relation, every meaning always leads to understanding. Honesty is important here. Very important. And time. And some technique, perhaps.

With creativity, of course, it is different. There, I believe that one needs to let go, let go of the preconditions in one's mind.

BTW, one insight that came to me yesterday regarding the allegory of the bathtub is the fact that it also works on a collective level, and helps to explain one dilemma I've had over the years regarding the Lightning Path.

I have often wondered why there is not more large scale interest / involvement in the LP. Sometimes I wonder, is the LP not such a big deal as it seems to me? Why do I find the material there so life changing, and most people seem to not be interested in it?

When I studied Kundalini Yoga in India, I met a lot of interesting/smart people who were very interested/involved in spiritual pursuits in life.

Among those people, I made a concerted effort to introduce them to the LP, thinking they would react like I did. I thought for sure that they would be able to recognize that the LP provides exactly the kind of answers that they were searching & striving for.

But actually that was not my experience at all! Literally no one [that I know of] took enough interest in the LP to actually get involved with it for an extended period of time.

(As a matter of fact, the only real feedback I got [other than just an eventual disengagement / loss of interest] was one comment along the lines of : "I mean come on? Aliens?" (I had given my one friend the book of life to read.))

So anyway, I think the parable of the bathtub can help us understand this. The parable helps us realize that the cold water tub is a good analogy for the current collective vibration of our world. (In other words, "baby, it is cold down here!")

And the hot water could be likened to a person pouring boiling hot water into the tub in order to begin raising the temperature of the water in the entire tub.

For people already habituated to the cold water environment, the 'vibration' / intensity of the incoming boiling water is just too much too bear because of the contrast. But as time goes on, the temperature of the water in the tub will just continue to rise, and it will become increasingly easy for people to transition into the state of being warm.

So to my own question of why there is not more involvement with the LP currently, I think the answer comes obvious with the help of Aim's parable.

The existing LP community should just be considered the "early adopters": we are the ones who are eager / able try to somehow integrate the incoming boiling water into our existing environment of freezing cold.

This insight makes me feel better about what we are doing because it implies that the work we are doing now is paving a way to help other people in the future.

What do you guys think?

https://www.kundalinisoftware.com May the people of this world be free.

Yup. Not to toot my own horn or anything but,  Allegory of the Room is one of the very first things I said.

-- Subscribe to new posts by visiting your profile. Click the edit button, scroll down to "subscribe to Forums" and click "subscribe."

[...] the allegory of the bathtub is the fact that it also works on a collective level,

Well yes. Perhaps, the collective level equivalent would be in the Parable of the Room , where the person starts to pull at her strap and the device on her body starts spreading heat, so that the room can finally be warm and cozy.

I have often wondered why there is not more large scale interest / involvement in the LP. Sometimes I wonder, is the LP not such a big deal as it seems to me? Why do I find the material there so life changing, and most people seem to not be interested in it?

I have been asking myself, too. I remember the first book I read from Michael. It was the Book of Life. For me it was simply liberating. And I felt an enormous urge to share it with everyone. Unfortunately, it was more or less the same story you experienced. The knowledge that the LP provides could change the world to the better and it is the only corpus who is capable of doing that in my opinion as of yet. "Wtf?! How can't they see how important this is?" I asked myself again and again. Why don't they feel the intention of the author, instead of just reading the words? Can't they feel the purpose enbedded in those pages? Can't they feel the call for truth?

The short answer is: No. They can't. And there are many reasons for this.

One of the main reasons that come to mind is the oversaturation of spirituality. There is a genuine search for spirituality nowadays, and so, a host of people who try to provide answers. Thus, answers exist, and once someone accepted something as true, they stick to it. The only problem is that those answers are wrong, or at best only a small part of the whole game, and that deters them from adopting another point of view. Guru x/y says this and that, so it must be true. He is a guru. What gurus say is true.

One might think that the liberation that the LP provides would be sufficient to make them change, but, liberation cannot truly be given. It must be taken from them. Words are powerful things, but they have their limit. I personally, as hinted above, could feel the intention of the author, and the premise of providing truth and nothing but the truth. But if that is lacking, as I assume it does for most of us, our only option of assessing some writing is by relating it to our expectations. Since our expectations are thoroughly f-ed up, we end up rejecting even the highest of truths, regardless of the pedagogic afinity of an author.

"I mean come on? Aliens?"

Heh, I remember well when I arrived at that part in the Book of Life. I was like: "Hmm, unexpected , but it makes sense." (It is really alot easier to accept such a thought, if one understands that we are incarnated. If we are incarnated, it is obvious as anything that other species could have been created as well. And since the LP provides that basic idea as well, I found it quite natural to consider the possibility.

The existing LP community should just be considered the "early adopters": we are the ones who are eager / able try to somehow integrate the incoming boiling water into our existing environment of freezing cold.

I believe that alot of people are eager right now. It's not like they are not trying. I believe they do, in the best way they can, atm. However, ... there are too many options. And if you can't feel truth, because your IBD is not working, and your emotional semaphore neither, then it is more or less first come first served. Point of views are accepted and endorsed. And changing those requires effort. Effort noone is ready to do.

I just count myself lucky to have met the LP. Who knows what would have happened if I got hooked to some other spiritual teaching? (probably nothing, really :D) The LP was the first spiritual teaching I got aquainted with. In the first phase, I read a book every 2-3 days. Of course, I have read books from other "spiritual teachers" as well. Luckily, I always had the LP as comparisson, from the very first day onwards. And so, I rejected all other teachings because of various reasons. Some, just dripped of greed, others were plain contradictory, others exalted authority, others exalted insensitivity, others were plain annoying to read because of all the EPMO. The LP exalted life, the PU , and gave the whole game here a sophisticated and awesome purpose. Something, that all the other spiritualities did not. I mean.. what is the purpose of feeling nothing? What is the purpose of salvation? When we don't even know what that's supposed to mean?... etc
The LP felt inclusive and uplifting from the very first moment. It said to me you are special, but also explained me that everybody else on this planet is special. Inclusive and uplifting. I loved that.

Well yes, integrating the knowledge, grounding it into reality. Ya, our job. And expanding the knowledge. Checking it internally and linking it towards external sources. Concerning my motivation... well I just feel it's right.

Recent forum posts

Īsha Upanishad
Dream of dieing
What did Einstein Say about Relig …
Bad Conscience
NEW DRAFT of Rocket Scientists' G …
Winner's Take All
Ben's Creative Output
LP Rods
Ben's Healing Journal
Ben's Poetry
The Wild Fox Koan