Forums

Forum Navigation
You need to register and login to create and read (some) posts

Awakening to self-delusion - Sean Parker and Chamath Palihapitiya

As I say in RSGAS, awakening is a process of getting in touch with the reality around you. It is also a process of getting in touch with the person you have been. Getting in touch often involves facing some unpleasant truths, like how you've harmed your children by imposing Toxic Socialization on them, or how you screwed over 3 billion people, and exposed them to ideological mind control and sophisticated corporate programming, as Sean Parker (former president of Facebook) and Chamath Palihapitiya recently admitted.

Have a look at the article below. It is interesting for a couple reasons. One reason, because it reveals that social media works on exactly the same principles as addictive slot machines do, rewarding the brain with dopamine hits to keep the victim pasted firmly to the screen. Essentially, they drug you so they can keep you attached. They can then control your thinking by feed you "fake news" designed to change the way you think. It is very 1984.

The article is interesting for another reason because it shows just how self-delusion works. Despite the fact that these folks knew exactly what they were doing, they did it anyway, telling themselves that what they were doing probably wasn't that bad after all, or pretending they couldn't see the long term consequences, when in fact they really did.

“I feel tremendous guilt. I think we all knew in the back of our minds—even though we feigned this whole line of, like, there probably aren’t any bad unintended consequences. I think in the back, deep, deep recesses of, we kind of knew something bad could happen. But I think the way we defined it was not like this” Chamath Palihapitiya

I have to say, these two folks have a lot to answer for, and a lot of atonement to do, before they can ease their guilt and shame enough to allow Consciousness to flow into the vessel more freely. Whether they will do it or not is an open question. It will be a challenge for them, to be sure. No doubt they are attached to their $$ and their privilege and they won't want to let that go. Sadly, just admitting they've done something wrong isn't enough. As I say in the BOLIFE, you have to atone and make things right before Consciousness can descend freely into the vessel. These two, and all the others involves in manipulation of the global population, will have a lot to make up for before this whole thing is done, and before they can move forward.

https://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-exec-you-don-t-realize-it-but-you-are-1821181133

As for the rest of us, most of us don't have the same level of baggage as these two. Nevertheless, we all done things to hurt others, and we all have baggage. If you want to move forward, if you want to awaken, if you want to activate and connect, first step is to stop deluding yourself, stop doing things that hurt and exploit others, and start engaging in Right Action. Your higher self doesn't cut you any slack. You either do the right thing, or you stay in the darkness and self-delusion.

-- All you need is love...

Recent forum posts

ARMs revisited
Nothingness
CQ Saturation Point
A million hits a month
Mania Score
Repetitive Thoughts Score
Sleep Score
Somatic Score

Pin It on Pinterest

Skip to toolbar