Forums

Forum Navigation
You need to register and login to create and read (some) posts

Borderline Personality Disorder -> Borderline Personality Adaptation

The LP is developing its own perspective on mental "illness." The view basically sees mental illness as exclusively environmental (with genetic and epigenetic components). The argument is simple. Toxic Environments leads to Maladaptive Adaptation and biological damage. Mental "illness" is a combination of adaptation and damage caused by toxic environments.

The science of the argument is outlined our article Gateway to Eden (draft coming short).

One of the things that emerges from our developing perspective is that it is incorrect to call a psych0logical issue a "disorder. Instead, based on arguments outlined in Gateway to Eden (GE), we are suggesting that disorders be renamed adaptations. We've worked up a tentative example of what we mean in this page, Borderline Personality Adaptation. If you're interested you can have a look and discuss in here.

It's rough. As with all areas of this site, we're still in "build" mode.

This page

-- All you need is love...

I noticed the post a few days ago, thanks for providing this information as it resonates with a number of situations I had experienced.

One of great concern are triggers (emotional, physical or psychological -- if this is related to BPA) that occur years/decades after one has left those situations or encounter other unrelated situations may trigger a conscious/subconscious reference to past trauma, etc. causing some type of reaction/avoidance/clinging behavior.

IMHO, having an expanding degree of self-awareness is an equally important skill set in order to understand which related/unrelated situations would make one prone to be triggered in addition to the treatment mentioned.

How can I instruct a friend/family member to help me stay centered when I'm triggered?

Is BPD/BPA related to PTSD as a subset or in a different category?

Will there be an expansion of Gateway to Eden be an eventual replacement of the DSM V ?

How can I instruct a friend/family member to help me stay centered when I'm triggered?

I think reminders that you are safe and amongst people you can trust will help. BPA is an adaptation to hostile environments where assault comes from all directions. Establishing safe environments, healthy relationships, and then reminders that this is your new reality, will help, I think. Let us know if this works.

Is BPD/BPA related to PTSD as a subset or in a different category?

I think BPA is a more serious form of PTSD. More damage.

Will there be an expansion of Gateway to Eden be an eventual replacement of the DSM V ?

No.

p.s., thx for the bump on this thread. reminds me I have to finish the paper.

-- All you need is love...

yw

" I think BPA is a more serious form of PTSD. More damage."

Really? wtf? is it because of the damages are intermittent, prolonged and varying degrees of assaults without having time to really recover in between those events and be at peace on a cellular level or something? if so, omg, it's a wonder why I don't like being around people, barely a few for that matter.

The length of recovery comes to mind and how that would look for me if and when I get this confirmed.

I've heard people say that stupid thing about uncovering things to heal is like peeling the layers of an onion, no one every asks why.

I like the 'garbage disposal' approach: chop it up in pieces and let it rip through and rinse.

The question should be, who on earth, heaven and the entire universe wants to spend one's whole lifetime working to heal, when it only takes a moment to hurt someone?? That is so wrong to me and it really sucks, which is the reason why I feel that getting to the core of anything as quickly as possible should not take a lifetime to accomplish.

Recent forum posts

LP Alumni
Climate Change
ARMs revisited
Nothingness
Scientist/astronaut admits aliens …
CQ Saturation Point
A million hits a month
Mania Score

Pin It on Pinterest

Skip to toolbar