Forums

Forum Navigation
You need to register and login to create and read (some) posts

Cell phone radiation is dangerous after all

https://ca.yahoo.com/style/heres-shouldnt-sleep-phone-123323384.html

-- Subscribe to new posts by visiting your profile. Click the edit button, scroll down to "subscribe to Forums" and click "subscribe."

Here's the link to study of cell phone radiation in rats:

https://www.niehs.nih.gov/news/newsroom/releases/2016/may27/index.cfm

The results are quite alarming.

Important thing about the study was that Specific Absorption Rates to which rats were exposed were quite high but still partially within realistic range (1.5 - 6 W/kg for 9h/day). Maximum allowed 10-gram averaged SAR for cell phones in EU is 2 W/kg. RF Radiation exposure decreases drastically with distance, so while I wouldn't be worried about standby cell phone next to bed, using wired headset is definitely a good idea, especially on long calls.

"It’s worth noting that phones give off lower radio frequency energy when connected to WiFi or Bluetooth"
So the problem is mostly cellular data? I don't have a 3G/4G data plan.
I barely make any calls using cellular data, I usually use the internet (WiFi) or send SMS.

So the problem is mostly cellular data?

Yes, the problem is mostly with calls and data. Additionally phone has to be very close to body to do any harm (inverse square law). When sending SMS the power is approximately the same as for call, but the total energy delivered to the body is negligible, because transmit duration is very short.

That being said, I'd avoid placing phone close to the head when WiFi is transmitting continuously.

Quote from postnihilist on January 1, 2018, 9:34 am

So the problem is mostly cellular data?

Yes, the problem is mostly with calls and data. Additionally phone has to be very close to body to do any harm (inverse square law). When sending SMS the power is approximately the same as for call, but the total energy delivered to the body is negligible, because transmit duration is very short.

That being said, I'd avoid placing phone close to the head when WiFi is transmitting continuously.

Good points. I wouldn't put a phone anywhere near any part of my body. I need all my bits functional and healthy.

Interesting! Will for sure keep my phone at a distance from now on.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effects-of-cell-phones-and-bluetooth-on-nerve-function/

According to this video the power of Bluetooth is 1000 times less than cell phone radiation and is therefore a better idea to use a Bluetooth headset instead of putting the phone next to your head

Hi Mardava, that interesting, thanks for that video!

I'll have to read the cited sources to find out if studies were also conducted with wired headphones and earbuds, though it would be very, very nice to opt for the telepathic mode and make these electronic devices obsolete :).

Recent forum posts

Ben's Creative Output
LP Rods
Ben's Healing Journal
Ben's Poetry
The Wild Fox Koan
Schooling the World
Enneagram of Personality
LP Grades - help
Ben's Awakening Story
Awakening Movies
The Dark Legacy of Carlos Castane …