Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.

With Easter coming and in light of the global pandemic unfolding, I think the Lord's Prayer can be used as a way to consolidate and simplify our shared intentions.

Jesus said something like "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

When I hear something like that, I hear Jesus's frustration with trying to get people to embrace beginner's mind.

So instead of trying to argue with "rich people" (i.e. people whose thinking is  rooted in the maya of socio-economic status), instead Jesus just taught us how to pray.

And the amazing thing is that even after 2000 years of translations, his words still perfectly encapsulate the essential message and outcome that is needed for the word to transform:

Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.

May we remember our shared divinity. 

Your kingdom come.

May the Great Work be completed.

Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.

May earthly reality reflect divine intention.

Give us this day our daily bread.

Please take care of us in our hour of need.

And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors.

May the record of the past be forgotten, as we all move forward with beginner's mind.

And do not lead us into temptation

And may our own actions be aligned

But deliver us from evil

And may we have safety from the unaligned actions of others.

--

I am not on social media anymore. But I had the thought that somebody should try to set off a viral challenge, where everybody starts making recordings of themselves reciting the Lord's Prayer and challenging other people to do it.

Try to get something like that going corresponding with the coming Easter holiday.

https://www.kundalinisoftware.com May the people of this world be free.

I don't think we should be recommending the Lord's prayer as is, since it casts a patriarchal and hierarchical glaze over the truth-- "his will," "his heaven," etc. However, I like your rewrite Ben. If I can add some things, and rearrange, we might have the

---

Affirmation of Global Transformation

May we remember our shared divinity.

May our actions be aligned.

May we put aside greed and accumulation.

May we share our resources with those in need.

May earthly reality reflect divine intention.

May the Great Work be completed.

---

Ben, do you know who wrote the Lord's Prayer? When it was written, etc. IT would be interesting to know.

-- All you need is love...

Recent forum posts

Study Group
Study Group
Study Group
Connection Supplements
Study Group
Study Group
Study Group
Skip to toolbar