Forum Navigation
You need to register and login to create and read (some) posts

Post your podcast questions here

In this sticky thread, post your podcast questions. Any questions that you have during the course of your study, any questions that pop up about things going on in your life, any spiritual questions, any healing questions, anything LP related, post them here and we'll deal with them in the podcast.

Podcast directory

-- All you need is love...

I have just finished workbook two, along with a few of the other materials and one thing in 'Needs' really struck a chord as I have been thinking about something similar for some time now.

You wrote "Full satisfaction of our essential human needs requires humanity to move beyond the current economic system. Full satisfaction of human needs requires an advanced and integrated global economy that is geared not towards private accumulation of abstracted labour (i.e. money), but towards satisfaction of humanity’s essential needs."

Fully agree with this, the current system needs to change as it is not conducive to our higher selves! I have been wondering how humanity could move beyond this current economic system, and whether it is even possible for us (humans) to move beyond the system in our current collective state of consciousness. So my question is - are we currently able to design and live in a new system that is not oriented around the egoic drive for private gain (which would allow us to evolve human consciousness)? Or would a radical shift in human consciousness be needed first in order to even allow the existence of such a new system in the first place?

Kind of the chicken or the egg problem - shift in consciousness or shift in environment. And I guess follow up question would be, what can we do to bring forward the advent of this new global economic system?

My thinking has always led (somewhat pessimistically) to humanity needing to undergo some cataclysmic world changing event, where we realise how blindly we have been living and orienting our lives and systems - and only that will shake the current foundations of comfort enough to either cause people to rationally accept the need for a new system or spiritually awaken enough people to make it happen.

Hope this is the type of question you were expecting for the podcast. Apologies if it has been covered in later materials but thought it worth the risk to ask.

Interesting question.

I have been wondering how humanity could move beyond this current economic system, and whether it is even possible for us (humans) to move beyond the system in our current collective state of consciousness. So my question is - are we currently able to design and live in a new system that is not oriented around the egoic drive for private gain (which would allow us to evolve human consciousness)?

I think a change of the global economic system can only be made in a series of steps. First, we need ideas that replace the old ones. In my opinion, this was already achieved by humanity. I'm a philosophy graduate, and I remember a course I did on precisely this topic. The course was about creating a fair economy. Several authors analyzed the whole thing and came up with a host of solutions to every possible problem that proponents of radical liberalism would throw at them. Just an example:

Most liberalists argue that if we would create a system where everyone gets a "minimal income", (I don't know the term in english), then nobody would ever want to go to work anymore. Most philosophers pushing for a change argued that that implies that money is a motivator. Upon inspecting the motivational power of money via experiments, it gets clear that money is not a good motivator. It is good for coercion, but not for motivation. There are way better vehicles of motivation than money. So they started listing them and linking them with various psychological and sociological experiments. Another thing they noted are monetary schemes that already subvert the usual meaning of money. For instance crown-funding, (voluntary funding, or semivoluntary funding) , then free information, open source code, open source programs, torrents, etc. Nobody pays those people, yet they contribute (sometimes fervently) to society's assets. An entire cornucopia of solutions were presented, ranging from ultra-liberalist to, well, the opposite - sharing more freely. As far as I can tell, psychological and sociological implications were well thought out, and quite mature.

In short, we already have ready-made solutions for most of the problems we would encounter during a possible shift, and also after it. Besides, not everything can be thought out in advance, and there is good reason to think we're able to solve any possible problem that crops up, given we have the intention to do it. It's just that such thoughts, theories etc. lie somewhere on a dusty bookshelf in some antic philosophic institute, where only some few people ever get to read them.

My thinking has always led (somewhat pessimistically) to humanity needing to undergo some cataclysmic world changing event, where we realise how blindly we have been living and orienting our lives and systems - and only that will shake the current foundations of comfort enough to either cause people to rationally accept the need for a new system or spiritually awaken enough people to make it happen.

The reason we are in this sorry state is because we are in a state of permanent trauma. Even if our state of being has been normalized by our educators, parents and politicians, our bodies are still in trauma. That is why our bodies have such a low CQ. Thus, trauma lowers our consciousness level. A cataclysmic event would simply further that trauma, worsening the situation, in my eyes. Our bodies are wired in a way that prioritizes survival over everything else, once the body thinks it's in danger. That is not a good starting point to begin one's spiritual journey.

I think this is one of the main reasons why Gina and Mike chose the HEALING topic so early in the LP books. In my eyes, healing is an incredibly complex process, a lot more difficult than other topics the LP covers. Yet, it is covered practically as the first main thing in the LP books. However, it is probably the most important topic, because it allows our bodies to carry more consciousness. Healing "prepares the vessel", to incorporate more consciousness.

So to give my opinion on the chicken or egg question: Healing allows the body to gain more consciousness. More consciousness allows - and also motivates - for better healing. I see this as a spiral. Not as a circle. It has a"forward" movement, as in, if all goes well, the end result is that the body has a higher CQ. The same can be said about the relationship between a person and its social environment. A person gets more aware, and that awareness helps that person to change life circumstances of herself and others, too. That, in turn, allows for a higher CQ for the other persons and herself, because they live in better circumstances, further having the tools and the awareness to improve the situation again. Etc. A blessing-spiral ensues.

Now, if there are only a few of these persons, then their efforts can be thwarted by the efforts of others to maintain unfavorable social circumstances. However, if a critical amount of "healers" is reached, then the system breaks quite abruptly. And the economic system with it. As I stated, several steps are needed. The first step was done long ago, in creating the ideas and theories. Now we need to awaken, and especially to heal. That will automatically reform our system from the very roots.

Quote from Dom on April 23, 2020, 2:15 pm

IHope this is the type of question you were expecting for the podcast. Apologies if it has been covered in later materials but thought it worth the risk to ask.

Yes this is exactly the type of question. This and many more.  I responded to your podcast question in this week's podcast. Let me know your thoughts on this thread in the podcast forum

-- All you need is love...

Hi Aim,

Great answer. The positive spiral really struck a chord with me and can definitely see how that could apply to not just individuals but wider society.

My concern is that when the tipping point is reached and the "system breaks quite abruptly", that is when the catastrophe will come.

I've replied in somewhat more detail on the post for this week's podcast that Michael linked above. Let's carry this on there 🙂

Gina/Michael - in the latest podcast episode LP 1.4 I heard you guys talking about the Coronavirus, and how it is effecting everybody.  Additionally, I believe you mentioned something about how it can be seen in a 'divine' light, making us reevaluate our way of life?

Can you explain a little bit further your thinking on the coronavirus pandemic in a spiritual sense?

Thank you

https://www.kundalinisoftware.com May the people of this world be free.

Hi Ben

My perspective on this is that whenever any of us experiences some kind of major life event, the event makes us face challenges and what we view or see as truth. If we are told to believe in one way of living only to find out that we have been mislead, manipulated, or exploited, we can either choose to become more disconnected by choosing to not trust in anything or anyone, or we convert to a belief system that allows us to feel some kind of normalcy. Is this divine work in play? I guess it depends on how one perceives what is divine. For me, connection is all about connecting to ourselves, our bodies, and being able to connect to others in a healthy way. In order for us to connect healthily to others, we need to have the right environments, infrastructures, mindsets - right thoughts and right actions - basically accept our roles and responsibilities that the divine is rooted in our ability to be and maintain interconnections.

This pandemic is forcing us to disconnect from the toxic people and situations, but it is also forcing us to reconnect to what is most important in order for us to survive. This is what I meant by the pandemic being a divine phenomena.

G

Recent forum posts

Study Group
Study Group
Study Group
Connection Supplements
Study Group
Study Group
Study Group
Skip to toolbar