You need to register and login to create and read (some) posts

Right Environment, non-violence, and the Christian Bible Mathew 5:21-22

It is very clear that the LP stipulates non-violence as a key component of Right Environment.  To some, this might seem a bit unreasonable. Doesn't yelling at your children build character? Doesn't it make you a stronger person? The LP answer is that no it does not, it damages you and makes it harder to establish Connection.

While reading a book on the early Christian bible this morning, I came across the following guidance provided by Jesus Christ.

Additional content is available to LP members only. To get the full message, become a member, register and login.

-- All you need is love...

I feel like I'm swimming (and dying) in a bowl of toxic, violent soup.  I stay indoors as much as possible.  I remember as a CHILD thinking "why can't everyone get along? Why are people so mean?"  50 years of stomachaches and it feels even worse now.  I can't even imagine another 50.

If everyone just gave a crap about each other there couldn't be any violence.

I'm tired.  I miss laughter and fun.

Quote from Liz on July 28, 2020, 8:34 am

I feel like I'm swimming (and dying) in a bowl of toxic, violent soup.

That is the reality of every single person on this planet.

I stay indoors as much as possible.  I remember as a CHILD thinking "why can't everyone get along? Why are people so mean?"  50 years of stomachaches and it feels even worse now.  I can't even imagine another 50.

If everyone just gave a crap about each other there couldn't be any violence.

I'm tired.  I miss laughter and fun.

Ya me to. Life is much simpler for those who are sleeping. They can wallow in hatred, they can swim in toxicity, they can slowly destroy their body and mind without ever knowing it is happening, and they can smile and pretend they are happy while they crawl to disease, decrepitude, and death. It's harder when you see the truth.

People are hurtful, hateful, and horrid because they are sick and dying inside. They are sick and dying because they have been profoundly damaged by The System. I know you know this but it's worth repeating.

That said, we've all got a part to play. Sharing your feelings like this not only helps you process, but it shows others they are not alone, and it connects us all through our shared humanity. This is one way to rebuild strength.

Am I making any sense here?

-- All you need is love...

Yes you make sense.

it feels like I'm stuck in a loop.  I can't change others violent tendencies so i work on myself.  Then I feel better, go interact a little with others and BAM dragged back down. It's FUCKIN depressing!

I'm noticing more people around me talking about getting guns. WHAT?? And one person in particular telling me i should learn how to use one..WHY?? To protect myself and the kids...from what??  Please tell me it won't come to that.

I'm scared....if the world is finally changing for the better isn't the violence going to get worse before it gets better? what if I'm not ready, what IS my part. I'm a massage therapist, how can i calm down rampaging humans who are having trouble waking up?  "Here Sir, put that gun down and lie down on my massage table before you hurt someone"  I know I'm ridiculous but these are my feelings. I don't want to fail you all.   I want to wake up one day...stretching and smiling with flowers all around and fresh breezy air like a freakin laundry detergent commercial.

Recent forum posts

I want to connect
I want to connect
I want to connect
I want to connect
I want to connect
I want to connect
I want to connect
I want to connect
Skip to toolbar