Forums

Forum Navigation
You need to register and login to create and read (some) posts

The evolution of the Lightning Path

Hello! Not sure if this is the right place to post this but Ill give it a go.

These questions are to Michael, but still interesting for all following these forums.

Ive been a loose member of the lightning path for a number of years, ever so often drifting by to see what is happening to the corpus and the direction it is taking. Needless to say, The Lightning Path is my primary source of solid and grounded spiritual advice and teachings that I use. Apart from my internally derived connections and meditations.

Since my last serious visit here it seems "the path" has developed quite allot, and many of the books and material that was central to the LP has now been completely discontinued and are not on display or listed as part of it at all. I am talking about books like "The basic book or the Great Awakening", the Book of Life, the Dossier of the Acension", the Book of Light Volumes, among others.

Now I can understand as "the path" develops and your ideas of where you want to be taking this school changes, some works merge with others and become obsolete and the end result is far from what it was at the beginning.

Still, Michael, the changes to the corpus of the Lightning Path is seriously different now than it was only some years ago. Can you talk a little about this? How do old students of the LP re-enter the corpus when it now seems so unfamiliar and where most of the books that represented the LP (for me), are gone?

I also see in the new update to The RSG to Authentic Spirituality (which is brilliant by the way), that you have dropped your pen name Michael Sharp and gone with your real name Michael (Mike) Sosteric. What is the reason for this? Are you coming out of "the shadows" so to speak? Merging your pen name ( that maybe you used to shield your more academic "Mike Sosteric" ?), with your academic person?

Also I see the book has been co-written with your wife Gina, can you talk a little about this writing relationship and where you see this going? I think this is a very good idea and if you dont mind me saying she brings a depth of clarity and groundedness to your writing that I really really like. Like I said, LOVE the new version of the book.

Last question is. Like I said I am reading the RSG to Authentic Spirituality. If I want to discuss this book. Where do I do that here on the forums?

Great to be here again and hope all is well.

Stian

Quote from stian on August 5, 2019, 1:02 pm

Still, Michael, the changes to the corpus of the Lightning Path is seriously different now than it was only some years ago. Can you talk a little about this? How do old students of the LP re-enter the corpus when it now seems so unfamiliar and where most of the books that represented the LP (for me), are gone?

Additional content is available to LP members only. To get the full message, become a member, register and login.

-- Subscribe to new posts by visiting your profile. Click the edit button, scroll down to "subscribe to Forums" and click "subscribe."
Quote from Michael Sharp on August 5, 2019, 4:19 pm

Additional content is available to LP members only. To get the full message, become a member, register and login.

Also close to Soteriology 🙂
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soteriology

Ah yes. So it is. Salvation, the same as emancipation.

-- Subscribe to new posts by visiting your profile. Click the edit button, scroll down to "subscribe to Forums" and click "subscribe."

Ok, sounds real good Michael. Keep up the good work!  Ill have a look at the new materials and if I have any quesitons or comments Ill leave them where you mentioned.

One thing though. This idea about structuring the LP in different "lightning rods". To me, this concept is not the to clear. Not only am I a little confused about what exactly a "lightning rod" is. What are you trying to convey by using this term? Maybe its because im Norwegian, but it really just doesnt sit well with me.

I looked up the term "lightning rod" and it is something that protects a building from absorbing the full power of a lightning strike, instead sending it through wires to the earth.

Does your choosing this term have something to do with this? That the LP "lightning rods" are supposed to be a kind of safety mechanism, keeping us safe from the immense power that is unleashed when one starts to activate the energy system of the body and are faced with the backlash of the often repressive and rejective nature of our own and societies archetypes? I sure know what can happen when one burns out and spirals out from a powerful awakening. It can be scary and daunting and an extremely isolating experience and I wish I had a safety mechanism way back when I stared waking up. So is this what you mean by "lightning rods"? Again, the whole thing is just a little confusing to me, then again I havent been back here for a long time. Maybe itll start making sense as I dive into the materials. I just think that as this material is becoming more grounded and academically accessible, having a structural overview of the material called something as esoteric as "lightning rods" may throw allot of people of. Might be more appealing and easy to understand to simply say "how its structured" or something like that. Nothing fancy, nothing spiritual sounding, simply to the point, grounded and precise. I at least think thats the way to go.

Hi Michael, I am also back after some time away from the site and the materials. I rejoined a little while ago, but have been quiet here.  Like Stian, the Lightning Path is my base. I get guided back time and time again. There has been a lot of shifts internally and externally in the last few years,  so I look forward to reconnecting with the materials available and those that are to come. I like the idea of rolling the Book of Light series into one, and look forward to reading the updated version of the Book of Life next year. The Rods are great too.

Hey Stian,

Nice to see you guys post 🙂

Concerning the "Lightning Rod".

One thing though. This idea about structuring the LP in different "lightning rods". To me, this concept is not the to clear. Not only am I a little confused about what exactly a "lightning rod" is. What are you trying to convey by using this term? Maybe its because im Norwegian, but it really just doesnt sit well with me.

I looked up the term "lightning rod" and it is something that protects a building from absorbing the full power of a lightning strike, instead sending it through wires to the earth.

Indeed, the lightning rod protects the building. Frankly, I had the same question. I don't know if this was the intention, but I explained it to myself like this:

The lightning rod has the purpose of protecting the building, but we can also ask ourselves how it does this. It does this by attracting the lightning, grounding it to the earth, thereby disallowing it to hit somewhere inappropriate.

Thus, the term seems to have three implicit meanings.

1. It attracts the lightning. With other words, it facilitates connection.

2. It grounds the lightning to the earth. Thus, it is a term that implies genuine, grounded spirituality, a spirituality that merges with science (I take science to be a synonym for grounded, secured, acquisition of knowledge).

3. It disallows the lightning to hit the building in inapropriate places. Connecting, as you surely know, can imply some hazard. Uncontroled connection can have really really bad consequences. See https://www.michaelsharp.org/ego-explosion/ for reference.
Uncontroled, or "premature" connection as Mike sometimes calls it, doesn't need to be an ego explosion right off the bat. Connection can have really bad consequences even in mild forms, especially if the person connecting has no idea what it is doing, coupled with a weak self-esteem. Naturally, a weak self-esteem results from bad environments, wrong Thought etc. making it all the more important to have that knowledge. I experienced this first hand, prior to finding the LP.

Here's a little story depicting what exactly I mean. It is the story of my awakening process, prior to finding the LP. When I finally got the the LP, I was .... something close to a car that traveled through the jungle for extensive periods of time and then finally finding the highway. If you read it, you will see how easily things can get out of control, and how stupidly it sometimes can happen. But, you will also be able to infer how easily it could have been countered. Some knowledge, a supportive person, and things look totally different.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hello Aim.

Thanks, Yes I guess the idea of the Lightning Rod makes more sense now. Still not sure if I agree its the best metaphor to use for this concept of "grounded and assisted awakening" but, its not up to me :)!  I also didnt know you could click on the actual link named "lightning rod", which cleared things up a bit further. Thought you could only click on the links that "pop down".

(You need to talk to your programmer Michael 😉 )

Read your awakening story. Very well written and an interesting read. It ended abruptly though I feel. Would have like to know more about where your story went/is going. Do you feel you are more on top of things now? If so, why? What happened?

In fact reading yours made me want to write my own awakening tale. Probably allot of healing and grounding in that too. God knows its been a pretty wild ride for the last decade or so.

Hopefully we are over the worst of our internal resistance by now ...

Recent forum posts

The Pedagogy of the Upanishads
Greta Thunberg, the most dangerou …
What is Religion
The Human Superconductor
FINAL DRAFT of Rocket Scientists' …
Official Launch of the LP
Feedback Requested - The Five Kos …
The Family - Netflix Docuseries
Three Interesting Things Einstei …
Welcome to the Machine
Availability of Healing Map Analy …