Forums

Forum Navigation
You need to register and login to create and read (some) posts

The evolution of the Lightning Path

Heh, it ended abruptly, because that's how far I copy pasted the file. I didn't want to post it all, because the point I wanted to show was how it can all spiral out of control. I can post the entire thing.

Ya, writing your own story sounds really nice! I'd gladly read it. By the way, it has some therapeutic effects, too. Many things about your past get clearer when you write something like that. If you can, I recommend you to write when you have a bit of time, and try to connect. Things will flow more naturally then, and some hitherto unrealized things might pop to your consciousness. At least that's how it was for me when I wrote my story.

Yes, I changed totally. I managed to heal myself to an acceptable level quite quickly with the help of the LP and others.
All of the symptoms I described are gone by now. My entire state of being changed radically, everything is a lot smoother, and I rarely experience any form of drama in my life anymore. However, my CQ is usually lower than it was during that period of 2-3 years. A high CQ is a booster. Thus, it magnifies the potential for drama, which can be good as a tool for personal change, but is generally very stressful and in my opinion unhealthy for the PU. At least constant drama is.

Anyhow, here's the full thing. Note how full of drama my life was during that time. 🙂

Oh I'm absolutely sure that I am not over the worst of my internal resistances. In fact, sadly, I exchanged many of my external resistances for internal ones. We can discuss this if you want. Changing the environment one lives in, is often easier done than changing one's behavior. So, imo, Right Environment is easier achieved than Right Thought and Right Action. For me, Right Action is especially difficult.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Quote from stian on August 7, 2019, 4:50 pm

One thing though. This idea about structuring the LP in different "lightning rods". To me, this concept is not the to clear. Not only am I a little confused about what exactly a "lightning rod" is. What are you trying to convey by using this term? Maybe its because im Norwegian, but it really just doesnt sit well with me.

I looked up the term "lightning rod" and it is something that protects a building from absorbing the full power of a lightning strike, instead sending it through wires to the earth.

Does your choosing this term have something to do with this? That the LP "lightning rods" are supposed to be a kind of safety mechanism, keeping us safe from the immense power that is unleashed when one starts to activate the energy system of the body and are faced with the backlash of the often repressive and rejective nature of our own and societies archetypes? I sure know what can happen when one burns out and spirals out from a powerful awakening. It can be scary and daunting and an extremely isolating experience and I wish I had a safety mechanism way back when I stared waking up. So is this what you mean by "lightning rods"? Again, the whole thing is just a little confusing to me, then again I havent been back here for a long time. Maybe itll start making sense as I dive into the materials. I just think that as this material is becoming more grounded and academically accessible, having a structural overview of the material called something as esoteric as "lightning rods" may throw allot of people of. Might be more appealing and easy to understand to simply say "how its structured" or something like that. Nothing fancy, nothing spiritual sounding, simply to the point, grounded and precise. I at least think thats the way to go.

Ok, so, there's a couple reasons for choosing "lightning rod" to organize the teachings. Number one, lightning is a ubiquitious metaphor on the spiritual corpus of this planet. I'm trying to keep a running catalog of references on the Lightning Strike SpiritWiki page. Lightning represents spiritual enlightenment, realization, and even the will of God made manifest. A lightning rod helps captures and ground that powerful strike. That's exactly what the LP Rods do, they capture and ground the powerful strike, helping to protect the Physical Unit from the power of the strike. They do this by providing a carefully controlled pathway through the LP teachings.

Two, the use of "rods" is consistent with the nomenclature of the Lightning Path, and also imagery in the Triumph of Spirit Archetype System, specifically the Connection Archetype.

I had originally thought of calling the rods "patches," like the patches on a quilt. That would have worked too, but it was inconsistent with the nomenclature of the LP which is all about "lightning."

Does that answer your questions.

-- Subscribe to new posts by visiting your profile. Click the edit button, scroll down to "subscribe to Forums" and click "subscribe."
Quote from Kristy1111 on August 7, 2019, 4:51 pm

Hi Michael, I am also back after some time away from the site and the materials. I rejoined a little while ago, but have been quiet here.  Like Stian, the Lightning Path is my base. I get guided back time and time again. There has been a lot of shifts internally and externally in the last few years,  so I look forward to reconnecting with the materials available and those that are to come. I like the idea of rolling the Book of Light series into one, and look forward to reading the updated version of the Book of Life next year. The Rods are great too.

Welcome back!

-- Subscribe to new posts by visiting your profile. Click the edit button, scroll down to "subscribe to Forums" and click "subscribe."
Quote from aim on August 9, 2019, 3:56 am

Heh, it ended abruptly, because that's how far I copy pasted the file. I didn't want to post it all, because the point I wanted to show was how it can all spiral out of control. I can post the entire thing.

Ya, writing your own story sounds really nice! I'd gladly read it. By the way, it has some therapeutic effects, too. Many things about your past get clearer when you write something like that. If you can, I recommend you to write when you have a bit of time, and try to connect. Things will flow more naturally then, and some hitherto unrealized things might pop to your consciousness. At least that's how it was for me when I wrote my story.

Yes, I changed totally. I managed to heal myself to an acceptable level quite quickly with the help of the LP and others.
All of the symptoms I described are gone by now. My entire state of being changed radically, everything is a lot smoother, and I rarely experience any form of drama in my life anymore. However, my CQ is usually lower than it was during that period of 2-3 years. A high CQ is a booster. Thus, it magnifies the potential for drama, which can be good as a tool for personal change, but is generally very stressful and in my opinion unhealthy for the PU. At least constant drama is.

Anyhow, here's the full thing. Note how full of drama my life was during that time. 🙂

Oh I'm absolutely sure that I am not over the worst of my internal resistances. In fact, sadly, I exchanged many of my external resistances for internal ones. We can discuss this if you want. Changing the environment one lives in, is often easier done than changing one's behavior. So, imo, Right Environment is easier achieved than Right Thought and Right Action. For me, Right Action is especially difficult.

I hear you. Right Action is a big obstacle for me too. Somehow I let myself get dragged around by my addictions and my wants, instead of what I should be doing and need. Still, small steps in the right direction has made my life greatly more stable, at peace with myself and the world and myself being less addicted to drugs and alcohol than I was just a few years ago. For me its been key to find things to do that have several positive impacts on my life. Like for example mushroom hunting in the forest. It gives me really good exercise, good peaceful nature and meditation time, excitement and wonder about the amazing world of mushroom, AND really delicious and healthy food. Gardening also has helped. Playing music too.

I get what your saying about not letting the CQ get "too high" though as it makes people around "itchy" and can greatly increase tension. Its a pickle though as we surely need to awaken and awaken those around us, but it is much more conventient to put our head down and dont bother nobody. (Like, if you where anything like me, I sure did bother people with my energy and my obsession with acention and the great awakening).

I dont know but nice to talk about. I havent gotten round to reading the rest of your text but I will and get back to you.

Quote from Michael Sharp on August 10, 2019, 10:30 am

Ok, so, there's a couple reasons for choosing "lightning rod" to organize the teachings. Number one, lightning is a ubiquitious metaphor on the spiritual corpus of this planet. I'm trying to keep a running catalog of references on the Lightning Strike SpiritWiki page. Lightning represents spiritual enlightenment, realization, and even the will of God made manifest. A lightning rod helps captures and ground that powerful strike. That's exactly what the LP Rods do, they capture and ground the powerful strike, helping to protect the Physical Unit from the power of the strike. They do this by providing a carefully controlled pathway through the LP teachings.

Two, the use of "rods" is consistent with the nomenclature of the Lightning Path, and also imagery in the Triumph of Spirit Archetype System, specifically the Connection Archetype.

I had originally thought of calling the rods "patches," like the patches on a quilt. That would have worked too, but it was inconsistent with the nomenclature of the LP which is all about "lightning."

Does that answer your questions.

Ok, Yes no, not really, I mean I guess but, no. I think the books you write should be more "up front" and something like LP Rods should be to the dedicated students as tools to cement and ground in an advanced study fashion. The fact that basically none of your books are accessible anywhere on the site but "within an LP rod" makes the site confusing to navigate in my opinion. In the "exploration" link under "required and recommended books" none of YOUR books are among the selection. This makes absolutely no sense to me and I just dont get it. Haha. You probably have some master plan behind all this and im sorry for being so critical. I think I have some kind of OCD when it comes to systems working smoothly and without creating to much confusion. As I navigate this site, it confuses me - and that cant be good. Also, why is this damn box for writing replies here on the forums become so friggin small!? I can barely see three lines of what Im writing, much less remember and reply to what I have quoted further up. Make the box bigger, please ! haha. sorry again.

No don't apologize. I can easily reconfigure the "exploration" tab and add a list of LP books there. I the list out while I did the rewrites of material, and to simplify things so I can reorganize and refine. But you are right, a list of books would useful. Maybe not under exploration though because that's for external resourced. But maybe. Let me think about the best place to put it.

I'm not sure why the box for forums is so small for you. it works for me. what device are you using to access it?

Quote from stian on August 13, 2019, 2:10 pm

Also, why is this damn box for writing replies here on the forums become so friggin small!? I can barely see three lines of what Im writing, much less remember and reply to what I have quoted further up. Make the box bigger, please ! haha. sorry again.

You can resize the reply box by dragging the triangle in the lower right corner of the reply box. At least it works this way on Firefox ESR - I'm not sure if it's the same on mobile devices.

But you are right, a list of books would useful.

I second that, it'd be really useful to see which books are available.

Quote from postnihilist on August 15, 2019, 1:21 pm

You can resize the reply box by dragging the triangle in the lower right corner of the reply box. At least it works this way on Firefox ESR - I'm not sure if it's the same on mobile devices.

Aaaah. Yes. That works great! Thanks haha. Love it!

Quote from Michael Sharp on August 14, 2019, 6:39 am

No don't apologize. I can easily reconfigure the "exploration" tab and add a list of LP books there. I the list out while I did the rewrites of material, and to simplify things so I can reorganize and refine. But you are right, a list of books would useful. Maybe not under exploration though because that's for external resourced. But maybe. Let me think about the best place to put it.

I'm not sure why the box for forums is so small for you. it works for me. what device are you using to access it?

Ok cool. Yeah the box got bigger when I dragget it bigger... Works great now.

Recent forum posts

The Family - Netflix Docuseries
Three Interesting Things Einstei …
Welcome to the Machine
Official Launch of the LP
Availability of Healing Map Analy …
Crisis
Physiology and Neurology of the F …
Connection Coach Training
Jobs of the Future
Ben's Poetry
Īsha Upanishad