Here are some readings to help you understand endorphins. Endorphins are “endogenous opiates.” They are the brain’s painkiller/”bliss chemicals.” They modulate appetite, reduce pain, release sex hormones, and lead to feelings of euphoria (i.e. bliss). They are produced in various locations in the body (pituitary gland, spinal chord, other parts of the CNS) and are released when the Physical Unit is experiencing stress, pain, fear, and injury, and when the Physical Unit is in Alignment. As noted in the LP Workbook Two chapter on addictions, which you should read first before you read these articles, endorphins are implicated in addiction. Understanding your endogenous endorphins is an essential prerequisite to healing from addiction and increasing the CQ of your PU.
- What are endorphins (basic explainer)
- What is endorphins (another basic explainer)
- Understanding Endorphins (documents early discovery)
- Endorphins: Natural Pain and Stress Fighters
- Release of Endomorphin Hormone and Its Effects On Our Body…