Summary of all Introduction rods
What is the Physical Unit?*
What is Spiritual Ego / Bodily Ego?
- Your Bodily Ego is your body's ego. It is the ego and sense of identity that your body's brain develops as a consequence of its neurological functions.
- In neurology, the body's ego is associated with what neurologists call the Default Mode Network.
- Think of your bodily ego like the artificial intelligence (AI) that manages and drives an autonomous physical vehicle. The function of the bodily ego, like the function of the vehicle AI, is to protect the car from damage, and (of course) keep the passengers safe. Just like the AI in an autonomous vehicle is responsible for keeping itself and the passengers safe, the bodily ego's prime directive is survival and the avoidance of all forms of pain.
- Under conditions of Normal Consciousness, the bodily ego "drives" the physical vehicle.
- Moving forward, keep in mind, when the body is threatened in any way, when it experiences emotional, psychological, physical, or spiritual threat and assult, the bodily ego directs all available energy and resources towards survival and the mitigation of emotional, psychological, and physical pain.
- Your spiritual ego is your soul, your atman, your Highest Self, your true self, etc.
- Your spiritual ego exists eternally and is independent of the material world.
- Your spiritual ego is much bigger than your bodily ego. If you think of your bodily ego as a candle flame and your spiritual ego as the sun, you'll get an idea of the order of magnitude.
- Toxic Socialization damages us and leaves us in Normal Consciousness. While in normal consciousness, your spiritual ego is disconnected from your bodily ego.
- The goal of Authentic Spirituality is to connect your spiritual ego to your bodily ego, to create a union between the two.
- When a connection occurs, your bodily ego begins to heal, mature, and expand. Eventually, with persistent and disciplined Connection Practice, your bodily ego expands, attains Permanent Connection, and completely merges with your spiritual ego. In Christianity, this is called "entering the Kingdom of Heaven" or the Kingdom of God. In Vedic spiritualities, this is union, the attainment of Nirvana.
- The key here is to teach the individual the difference between the bodily ego and the spiritual ego, and to convey the key message that authentic spirituality is about connecting the spiritual ego and the bodily ego. Make sure you understand what bodily ego and spiritual ego are.
- Use the concept of a vehicle with artificial intelligence to help distinguish between spiritual ego and bodily ego.
- Use the Waterglass Metaphor to illustrate connection.
- Spend time exploring the various elements of toxic socialization. Spend time getting the student to reflect on toxic socialization. Get the students to reflect upon the violence, neglect, chaos, attachment, and ideology in their life. Get them to share and discuss their assessments.
- It helps if the Connection Coach shares their own toxic experiences, and how these experiences impacted them.
What Is Connection?
- Connection is a term that the LP uses to describe the ideal relationship between your Spiritual Ego and your Bodily Ego.
- The ideal relationship between your spiritual ego and bodily ego is connection. Ideally, your spiritual ego and bodily ego should be fully connected.
- Connection is a positive and empowering thing which leads to positive and empowering Connection Outcomes. When you are connected to your spiritual ego, you are connected to your Highest Self (Highest Self is another name for spiritual ego, soul, atman, Buddha-self, etc.).
- When you are connected to your highest self, you are more likely to live a happy, empowered, balanced, peaceful, and content life.
- Connection is an endpoint. Connection is the goal of Authentic Spirituality.
- Connection is a process. Connection is the process of attaining your highest conscious state. A high conscious state is when you are operating with your clearest sense of Self, and at your fullest potential.
- Connection takes time and practice. Initially, an individual is able to accomplish only brief, low intensity Connection Experiences.
Connection Coach Notes
- Discuss the fact that all authentic spiritualities offer "paths" to connection, sometimes literally called paths.
What is Authentic Spirituality?
The assumption of being an individual is our greatest limitation. Pir Vilayat Khan
- Authentic Spirituality is spirituality that teaches you how to Connect. Specifically, authentic spirituality teaches you how to connect your Spiritual Ego (a.k.a. your soul, atman, higher self, etc.) to your Bodily Ego.
- The goal of any Authentic Spirituality is to help you develop a direct, unmediated, and pure connection between your Bodily Ego and your Spiritual Ego.
- Authentic spiritualities work by teaching you the truth about Connection, the truth about your Spiritual Ego, Bodily Ego, and the truth about the obstacles that block and interfere with your ability to develop a strong connection.
- Note, not all spiritualities, not all teachers, not all gurus, not all traditions, are authentic. Some start out authentic but end up corrupted. Some were never really about authentic connection at all. It can be hard to tell when a spirituality is authentic or not, especially if you are a novice on the path.
- As noted in Rocket Scientists' Guide to Authentic Spirituality, you can tell a spirituality is authentic by the presence of Connection Outcomes like Healing, Awakening, Activation, and Ascension.
- Sometimes, the presence of connection and connection outcomes are not enough to ensure a spirituality is authentic. Therefore, you should also look for the Seven Pillars of Authentic Spirituality. When these pillars are present, you can be more certain that a spirituality is teaching you how to connect.
Further ExplorationSome examples of spiritualities that are inauthentic, even dangerous.
- The Dark Legacy of Carlos Casteneda
- Kohl, Laura Johnston. 2010. Jonestown Survivor. iUniverse. https://amzn.to/2WJFtoK.
- Layton, Deborah. 2010. Seductive Poison. New York: Anchor Books. https://amzn.to/2wxOse4.
- Miller, Russell. 2015. Bare-Faced Messiah: The True Story of L. Ron Hubbard. London: Silvertail Books. https://amzn.to/2ESbMI5.
- Miscavige Hill, Jenna. 2013. “Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape EBook: Jenna Miscavige Hill, Lisa Pulitzer: Kindle Store.” 2013. https://amzn.to/2W796kl.
- Sosteric, Mike. 2014. “A Sociology of Tarot.” Canadian Journal of Sociology 39 (3).
- ———. 2018. “From Zoroaster to Star Wars, Jesus to Marx: The Science and Technology of Mass Human Behaviour.” 2018. https://www.academia.edu/34504691.
Connection Coach Notes
What are Connection Outcomes?
- As explained in Rocket Scientists Guide to Authentic Spirituality (RSGAS), [spwiki]Connection Outcomes[/spwiki] are the real and observable outcomes you experience when you make an authentic connection to your [spwiki]Spiritual Ego[/spwiki]. When you exercise properly, there should be exercise outcomes, like better health, improved stamina, etc. Similarly, when you engage in an authentic [spwiki]Connection Practice[/spwiki], there should be real and observable connection outcomes.
- The Lightning Path identifies four basic connection outcomes, these being [spwiki]Healing[/spwiki], [spwiki]Awakening[/spwiki], [spwiki]Activation[/spwiki], and [spwiki]Ascension[/spwiki].
- Healing is the healing of the mind and physical body. Healing is a prominent feature of authentic spirituality. Healing may be self-directed. As an individual awakens and becomes more aware of the conditions they live in, as they activate and become motivated to change, they slowly begin to improve life conditions and these improvements lead to healing outcomes.Healing may also occur spontaneously, as a direct consequence of connection. Such healing can occur in [spwiki]Caring Moments[/spwiki], [spwiki]Healing Moments[/spwiki], even powerful spiritual experiences which can instantly cure people of addiction and other afflictions.
- Awakening is a growing awareness of reality and the way things really are around you. Evidence that you are awakening includes growing personal reflection and insight, and growing awareness of the realities around you. For example, when you awaken, you are more likely to think about yourself, your actions and behaviours, and what you need to do to improve yourself and your life conditions. Evidence of awakening also includes growing awareness of the realities that surround you, especially toxic realities which contribute to emotional, psychological, and physical discomfort, pain, and disease.
- Activation is a growing desire for change and growing action in the world. As we realize the truth of the realities around us, there immediately grows a desire to change and improve things. It is important to act on the growing desire for action. Taking action to improve conditions in our life is critical since more advanced connection practice requires, among other things, [spwiki]Right Evironment[/spwiki]. Right environment is an environment that is safe, calm, non-violent, and peaceful.
- Ascension is the merging of your [spwiki]Spiritual Ego[/spwiki] and [spwiki]Bodily EGo[/spwiki]. Ascension, or the gradual merging and union of spiritual ego with bodily ego, requires consistent and persistent discipline. Ascension is an advanced connection outcome discussed later.
- More information on the various outcome measures can be found in Rocket Scientists' Guide to Authentic Spirituality.
- Klaatu - We're Off you Know - A song about connection and union/ascension. Do you "feel the urge to merge?"
Exercise: How do I Initiate Connection?
- To initiate connection you have to want connection, that's all. If you want to make a connection, and if you are not frightened of it, connection is easy. Just intend connection (see Intent to Connect).
- You can initiate connection using a Connection Affirmation or a Connection Visualization.
- The most powerful connection affirmations include direct and willful statements like "I wish to connect to my Highest Self."
- The most powerful connection visualizations include visualizations that show "light" streaming into your head, from the top. An example is provided in the first four seconds of the Great Invocation visualization, linked below.
- To make a connection, say "I wish to connect" and visualize light streaming into your skull. For best effect, repeat the affirmation and visualization often throughout your day.
- To stop a connection, say the opposite. Say, "I need a break and with to disconnect." Visualize the flow of light into your skull stopping.
- Keep in mind, things can happen when you begin the connection process. Be mindful and prepared to respond.
What Can I Expect When I Connect?
- When you make a connection to your Highest Self, you are making a connection to a Fabric of Consciousness that is much bigger than your day-to-day Normal Consciousness. The order of magnitude difference is the difference between a candle flame (your "normal" your Bodily Ego) and the sun (your Spiritual Ego).
- Consciousness in the Fabric consists of awareness, will, and a sense of self. Therefore, when you connect, all other things being equal, more of your powerful Consciousness fill up your body. As this happens, your awareness, your will to act in the world, and your sense of self and self-esteem will slowly begin to strengthen and grow.
- As a consequence of growing awareness, growing empowerment, and a growing sense of Self, you will also find yourself motivated to heal from the damage caused by Toxic Socialization, motivated to learn, and motivated to improve your life conditions.
- As you make moves to make changes, as you heal and reconnect, you may experience forms of Internal Resistance and External Resistance from family, friends, coworkers, corporations, and even governments who are threatened by your awakening and activation, and are concerned to maintain the status quo.
- External Resistance can be experienced as emotional, psychological, intellectual, physical, and even spiritual violence directed at you to prevent you from continuing on your spiritual path. If you do experience resistance, it is important to protect yourself and seek help.
- Internal Resistance is the fear, self-doubt, guilt, shame, overinflated expectations, and other negative internal emotions and ideations that slow you down or even prevent you from moving forward. If you experience internal resistance, seek psychological assistance. Also, be sure to establish right thought through a disciplined process of archetypal cleansing.
- To overcome resistance, deal with challenges and work to improve your Connection Practice.
- When you begin to connect, you will experience several challenges. For connection to proceed and strengthen, these challenges have to be met.
- You will be challenged to accept the truths that you see around you.
- You will be challenged to reconsider you ideas about self, the nature of this world, and of all creation.
- You will be challenged to change aspects of your life.
- You will be challenged to deal with resistance, both internal and external.
- You will be challenged to stay focussed, persistent, and disciplined.
- You will be challenged to remember your visualizations and affirmations.
- You will be challenged to deal with self-doubt and overinflated expectation.
- If do feel challenge, don't give up, don't get bent out of shape, don't get bumped off the path. Go as slow as you need to make the changes that are required for persistent and consistent forward movement.
- Be aware, for connection to proceed and strengthen, these challenges have to be met.
- If you want to improve your [spwiki]Connection Practice[/spwiki], be consistent, persistent, disciplined and focussed. The easiest way to do that at the start is to find a [spwiki]Connection Affirmation[/spwiki] and recite often.
- Also, be open-minded and forgiving, esp. of yourself. It is much easier to forgive others. Don't kick yourself for "sins" committed while disconnected. Acknowledge where there is [spwiki]misalignment[/spwiki] and [spwiki]disjuncture[/spwiki], atone, and let go.
- Pay attention to the damage caused by [spwiki]Toxic Socialization[/spwiki] and your need to heal.
- Take your environment seriously. You need a safe, non-violent space (e.g., [spwiki]Right Environment[/spwiki] to study, meditate, visualize, and practice. You can take the How Toxic is My World quiz to get a sense of where you need to improve your environment.
- As a step towards creating right environment, establish emotional, psychological, intellectual, physical boundaries
- Be sure to act upon a desire for change. If something requires change and you know it, change it. You cannot move forward towards a stronger connection without also making necessary changes.
- Don't overinflate your expectations. Experiences of pure bliss and transcendence, while nice, are a distraction from the real work at hand, which is healing and connection practice. And besides, permanent connection comes only a planet where everyone is included and involved.
- Recognize, this is real work. Connection practice involves processing emotions, grounding new insights, and even shifting your view of the world and your self/Self. Work requires time and effort. Be sure to put that time and effort in.
- Practice deep breathing. Learn to deep breathe properly. Deep breathing will calm you and ground you when you struggle to handle stronger connection.
- Finally, be positive, not in the don't worry be happy sense, but in the electrical sense, in the power to act and change sense. Don't give in to internal resistance, fear, guilt, shame, and self-doubt. You know what you need to do; you know what needs to be changed. Keep your nose to the grindstone and do it.
Basic Rods Summary
- Your psyche consists of two basic component, the Bodily Ego which orginates in the brain and CNS of your Physical Unit[wiki], and a [wiki]Spiritual Ego which is exists independently of material reality. The goal of authentic spirituality is to connect your spiritual ego with your bodily ego and, through persistent and consistent Connection Practice connect and merge the two.
- Authentic spirituality is all about connection between your spiritual ego and your bodily ego. Connection leads, over the long term, to improved mental, emotional, and physical function.
- If you want to improve your connection, take this process seriously. Be disciplined and focussed, establish right environment, do the hard work to heal, ground, and connect, keep your expectations reasonable, breathe if you're feeling afraid, panicked, or like you are losing control, and stay positive. If you do these things, you'll make steady and consistent progress forward.</p>
- An authentic spirituality is a spirituality that connects you to your spiritual ego, a.k.a. your soul, atman, or higher self. Not all spiritualities are authentic. To assess for yourself whether a spirituality is authentic, look four Connection Outcomes and the presence of all Seven Pillars of Authentic Spirituality
- Authentic spirituality should lead to real and verifiable connection outcomes, like awakening, activation, healing, and ascension. These outcomes should begin to occur immediately upon beginning an authentic spiritual practice.
- When you connect, you connect to a much brighter Consciousness than your day-to-day Normal Consciousness. As you connect, you will become more aware, more active, and more desirous of change. As that happens, as you make changes, your first experiences may be experiences of resistance. To overcome resistance, stay focussed and work hard.